Saturday, January 14, 2006

Yummy

Feel much better today, I'm glad to say - so much so that I attempted a bit of cooking.

I keep saying that baking is my forte, but The Man finally reminded me that I hadn't actually baked for a verrrry long time (18 months or so) so either shut up or put up. So, what do expect a girl to do... et voila: a coffee and walnut cake (thanks to Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diaries I'm drooling over at present).


On a roll, a friend of ours popped over for coffee and lent us his copy of Preserved (by Sandler & Acton with foreward by much admired self sufficiency guru Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall)... and I fell in hunger with the lamb tagine recipe and the accompanying recipe for preserved lemons. So, here's a couple of jars I just rustled up!!










No knitting today, but here's a pic of a gorgeous felt corsage I picked up in France over Christmas... isn't it gorgeous. And here's my future versions of it... yeah, hell of a way away I know, but you'll have some after pics soon (promise!).







Best go and try that yummy cake (after the roasted fennel and confit de canard in the oven) - gosh, the veritable Martha Stewart (ummm, best not - can't stand enclosed spaces...).

No comments: