Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year...

... to you all! I have so many ideas whizzing around my head that you will see a hugely eclectic mix turn up here during the coming months.

From craft creativity to writing to house renovation to my own health and well-being, many strange thoughts will turn up to help me straighten out my little grey cells (you can tell Poirot is on TV this evening!).















The first picture of the year is of a large shallow bowl I made a few years ago, stoneware with a matt glaze - I was experimenting with these glazes for a while and I love the matt texture of the finished piece which is far from perfect I will be the first to admit. The bowl contains a few pieces of driftwood found locally at Branscombe and Budleigh Salterton - nature provides many things of beauty to show us simplicity is sometimes the key.

Here's to a healthy, happy and creative 2008!

No comments: