Thursday, April 17, 2008

Not Bleached Bones At All


These stunning works of art do at times remind me of bleached bones - but I push myself over that thought as they somehow draw me in. Perhaps it's because of their 'organic-ness' and fluidity that creates some sort of resonance within me.




I collect driftwood of all sizes whenever we go walking on the beach, but seeing these takes the use of my finds to a different level. Absolutely stunning. They are created by a talented designer-maker called Karen Miller who trades under Devon Driftwood Designs and can be found here.

Another extremely inspirational artist is Heather Jansch, based in mid-Devon (I can't wait for her open studio dates as I will be there like a shot). Her sculptures/statues are amazing. What would you call them? Stunning, nothing less.

No comments: